Sunday, May 20, 2012

and which of His favours do you deny?

often i have questioned of why i was placed in monash. i would have been happily in ireland doing a twinning programme with PMC or in newcastle where at least there's another malay in my med cohort. but noooo, i had to choose monash because of its so called the best uni in aussie, blablabla. T.T ( forgive my rantings )

but countless times has He given me small small things to remind me on how He knows whats good for me. a fact, I have, one of too many times tend to forget.

sometimes, being here in clayton, id just be so frustrated with myself. id honestly say, up until now i have no decent friend where i cud just walk around with or anything along those lines, and numerous times, this would come as a surprise to my friends as they'd think im such a friendly figure and friends shudnt be in the list of my social problems. well, apparently coming to monash is one of the exceptions then. hence, the more reasons id want to get myself out of this place. 

and yet again, He showed me a sign on why He put me in this place.

reason 1 : today, i met an elderly caucasian woman who was so friendly, she even offered me a jellybean, which i politely declined since i was not sure whether or not it was halal -,- so we chatted for a while, while waiting for the pedestrian light to turn green and at the end of the walk, before we parted ways, she said to me. "i'm politely saying this but I dont get to meet much muslim girls around here and it was really nice to have met you" she smiled, beamingly and i felt so touched by that. we parted ways, but her words kept replaying in my mind as if it was glued on replay or something.

at that moment, she just made me realise that, that moment, that conversation, that realisation of hers, That's why im here, god put me here for that reason. okay, you guys might think im not making sense. like what the hell is this girl rambling about?

okay, hear me out here, this woman, never ever have met a muslim girl, met me, a simple not so pious muslim girl donning the hijab, and she was touched by our such brief meeting. what if, from our conversation, i have made her more interested in islam, what if she now has a different perspective on islam now having to talk to me? im pretty sure i was treating her nicely and all, outlined by everything the religion taught me in treating an elderly. hence, i might have even open her mind about how good islam is. so yeah, those kind of things makes me realise that, having friends or not. being popular or not, stressful or not. He put me here, in monash, for a reason. heck it, it might take me the whole 5 years to finally come to a satisfaction to the life I have now, but one thing is for sure, ever since i came here, He has never failed to make me smile over the small reasons that He showed me on why I am here. and that just now, was one of it.

so, ask yourself now, which of His favours do you deny?

2 comments:

  1. ^-^ He knows what the best for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. fafa! :D I KNOW ITS YOU! indeed, only He knows. hopefully He grants me the understanding to fully understand it :)

    ReplyDelete